Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The. Worst. Birthday. Ever!

I'm happy to around another year. I'm a year older, the hubby is a year older, and the boys are a year older. Life is pretty darn good. All you can ask for is to be happy and healthy. Ahhh healthy. What are the chances I would get food poisoning the night before my happy 31st? Pretty darn good since that is exactly what happened!

Little N's birthday is the day before mine. We celebrated with a party at school (Yes, mom took her first official "paid time off" day at work to spend the day with lil N) after school we went to see "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" (Great movie btw) after the movie we decided to get a bite to eat. My friend works at a nearby restaurant (that is known for their salad bar) so we decided to stop by there for dinner.

Chips and salsa for an appetizer, check.
Burgers for the kids, check.
Salmonella for me, double check.

What a lovely way to spend the night before your birthday. Sleeping on the bathroom floor and being called to nature every 15 min. So my "paid time off" on Monday turned into using a sick day on Tuesday. And my birthday? Spent running to the bathroom every 15-30 min. all day while feeling guilty that I 1. Took the day off of work. 2. Spent the day in bed while there was a ton of things that needed to be done around the house. 3. Didn't spend any quality time with the kids.

All of this while fielding calls from my wonder friends and (some) of my family to wish me a happy birthday.

So this goes down in the worst birthday hall of fame. I declare a redo!

1 comment:

  1. sorry you had such a bad day & on your birthday no less :( Hope the weekend is much better & you get to enjoy that quality time.

    and happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete