Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Stop the Madness!

Someone has a birthday coming up!

As I say that I realize that I am not only speaking of my son N who's birthday is Monday, but I am also speaking of myself who's birthday is the following day. Ahhh the beauty of aging!

And I've come to realize that nothing has made me feel older than watching the MTV VMA's on Sunday night.

Who are these children that are making records nowadays? (I must be old, I just referenced records)Who are these kiddies that are presenting awards? I DIDN'T KNOW HALF OF THE PEOPLE THAT WERE ON THE STAGE! And I don't even want to talk about the music, if that's what you call it. Other than Green Day, I didn't even know what was going on. Sorry Beyonce, but "Put a Ring On It?", I'm pretty sure he did.

So not only am I feeling a little down about the impending birthday, I got to watch something that made me feel waaaay older than my soon to be 31 years!

Thanks MTV, not only do you pollute lives with shows like "The Hills" and "My Super Sweet 16" now you have made me feel ancient!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday...
    and I had to give up on MTV long ago..LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JennyMac! Just another birthday :)

    ReplyDelete