Thursday, September 3, 2009

The People Of Walmart?!?

It came to my attention that there is a new website that was created by a couple of college friends and room-mates called peopleofwalmart.com.



Yes, People Of Walmart dot com....So of course, I had to check it out! WOW, I mean WOW...Some of these people are laugh out loud, fashion disasters! I urge you all (and I mean all 6 of you) To take a look at this page ASAP. What better way to feel a little better about yourself! hehe



Which had me come up with the idea of "Doula's Fashion Don'ts"


  • Never, Ever is it okay for men to wear flip flops or sandals.(Mandals if you will) Eww just the thought of looking at those gross, hairy feet make me want to vomit! (I will give you the benefit of the doubt if you are at the beach or near a pool)
  • And No, that doesn't mean throw on a pair of socks and all is well.
  • It is not okay for a grown man to carry a back pack. The only exception to this rule is if you actually have school books in said bag.
  • Ladies, please dress for your size. I'm a bigger girl, I totally understand that it might make you feel good to squeeze into those jeans that you used to wear clubbing back in the day. But looking like a 10lb sausage stuffed into a 5lb casing just isn't flattering.
  • But please know that it doesn't mean it's okay to start buying "mom jeans"
  • Mullets...Need I say more? But don't forget the elusive Femme-mullet. And the rarely seen baby mullet!
  • Men, it is great that you work out, building muscles like that takes a lot of time and discipline. BUT, wearing a shirt (usually Affliction or Ed Hardy) that is 6 sizes too small just makes you look like a giant Douche!
  • And for those boys that are still wearing that 90's favorite "Baggy Pants" so big they are falling around your ankles..."Hey! Tupac is Dead, Pull Up Your Pants!"

Please feel free to add your own little pet peeves about the fabulous fashions you've seen out and about!

I am far from a fashion guru, but there are some things that are just inexcusable!

3 comments:

  1. I saw someone not too long ago that had on a pair of jeans "ripped" at the knee. Only they weren't ripped, they were cut, ostensibly with a pair of fabric scissors. It was a very clean surgery site. My words of fashion wisdom: If you're gonna wear ripped jeans (what the hell- they're so out, they're almost in), cut them the night before, and then wash and dry them so they're suitably frayed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this site too & immediately thought of the Glamour Dos & Don'ts of fashion. Your list totally hits home!

    But baby mullets rock, then again I accidentally let my oldest grow one because he had no hair on top (it just didn't grow on top until he was almost 2?!) & I wasn't ready to cut the back. That is until a group of teens pointed out his righteous mullet. Then Hubby convinced me it was time for his first hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA Beth, I did the same Thing with my older son. He just looked so darn cute! My brother called me out on it, and I was forced to cut it. But I do have the pictures of the baby mullet for blackmail later on!

    ReplyDelete